ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject URI is not hierarchical when attempting to obtain lvg.properties within JAR
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2015 05:55:11 GMT
Hi Folks,
I am using cTAKES 3.2.2 Maven dependencies.
I have some clinical pipeline code along with cTAKES dependencies and some
resources packaged into an uber jar which I am utilizing within my Spark
driver code. When I submit this to the Spark cluster I get a nasty stack
trace [0] with the following being important

- Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI is not hierarchical
- 	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:418)
- 	at org.apache.ctakes.lvg.ae.LvgAnnotator.createAnnotatorDescription(LvgAnnotator.java:565)
- 	at it.cnr.iac.CTAKESClinicalPipelineFactory.getTokenProcessingPipeline(CTAKESClinicalPipelineFactory.java:146)

The problem here is that
LvgAnnotator.createAnnotatorDescription(LvgAnnotator.java:565) looks as
follows

ExternalResourceFactory.createExternalResourceDescription(
              LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.class,
              new File(LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.class.getResource(
                  "/org/apache/ctakes/lvg/data/config/lvg.properties").toURI()))

Here we should be using LvgCmdApiResourceImpl.class.getResourceAsStream,
the transformation to File should then be done if required within
ExternalResourceFactory.createExternalResourceDescription.

The above is an issue which has been reported on a few occasions and a fix
somewhat proposed for a similar issue here [1][2].
I am going to submit a patch for this and submit a test. I'll open an issue
in Jira.
Thanks
Lewis

[0] https://paste.apache.org/gDJa