ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Franck Dernoncourt <franck.dernonco...@gmail.com>
Subject How to use cTAKES from the command line?
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2015 19:00:16 GMT
Hi,

I wonder how to use cTAKES from the command line.

E.g. :
 - I have a file note.txt that contains some text like "Patient had
elevated blood sugar but tests confirm no diabetes.  Patient's father had
adult onset diabetes."
 - I want to use the provided analysis engine
"\apache-ctakes-3.2.2-bin\apache-ctakes-3.2.2\desc\ctakes-clinical-pipeline\desc\analysis_engine\AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml"

How can I get the analyse engine's output (viz. the annotations) using the
command line (i.e. without using graphical user interfaces such as UIMA CAS
Visual Debugger or the Collection Processing Engine)? I'd prefer to use to
use the provided JAR files rather than having to compile the code.

The question is fairly simple but I couldn't find the information in
cTAKES's README (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/README) or
on Confluence (https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0
).

Thanks,