ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Bonnie MacKellar <macke...@stjohns.edu>
Subject RUTA with cTakes?
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 22:09:14 GMT
HI,

Has anyone successfully integrated the RUTA language with cTakes? I want to use cTakes to
do the UMLS annotation, and then feed the output to a RUTA script with rules for identifying
particular patterns.  I am really not sure how to approach this. Should I load the Annotator
into my RUTA script as in this example
TYPESYSTEM org.apache.ctakes.drugner.types.TypeSystem;
ENGINE DrugMentionAnnotator;

Document { -> CALL ( DrugMentionAnnotator)};

Or should I set things up in Java and call a Ruta script programmatically?  I am very unclear
as to the mechanics of tying these systems together, especially setting up the descriptors.

thanks

Bonnie MacKellar
Division of Computer Science, Math and Science
St John's University
Queens, NY
mackellb@stjohns.edu