ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Peter Kl├╝gl <peter.klu...@averbis.com>
Subject Re: RUTA with cTakes?
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 12:50:54 GMT
Hi,

I have not done this yet, but I will soon be able to answer this question.

Right now, I can only give some pointers:

- You can use a ruta script for specifying a pipeline, but I would not
recommend it in this use case. There can maybe occur problems caused my
conventions in cTAKES components that are not considered in ruta (e.g.,
special resource loading). I do not have an overview yet.
- Analysis engine should rather be called with EXEC. The CALL action
works better for imported ruta scripts. The CALL action tries to
consider the current filtering settings so that a java analysis engine
can be faced with a document text without whitespaces. The CALL action
does not support reindexing (I think) and no different CAS views, but
the EXEC action does.
- If the pipeline and the analysis engine of cTAKES is hidden behind
some interfaces, yes, then it is better to call the ruta analysis engine
on plain java level (right now, you still need to consider ruta's type
priorities).
- Without known cTAKES yet, I would recommend to include the ruta
analysis engine (description) in the pipeline/AAE together with the
other components. Here, you probably face the fewest problems, if any at
all.

There are different approaches for setting up the ruta descriptors.
Again, I probably need a closer look at how cTAKES normally does it
before I can give a good advice here. In case you need support for ruta
descriptors in general, you can always ask questions, e.g, on the uima
user list.

Best,

Peter