ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to change ontology
Date Sun, 06 Sep 2015 16:53:53 GMT
Hi Luis

On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 11:07 AM, <user-digest-help@ctakes.apache.org> wrote:

> I need to change the xml files to Medlineplus Ontology, I wonder who to do
> it.
>
> Best regards.

We are currently also working on customizing use of dictionaries and
ontologies within cTAKES pipeline executions so I hope I can provide you
with some resources.
A good place to start is the current (cTAKES 3.2) documentation on the
cTAKES wiki [0].
The part you are interested in will be under [1]. This explains a bit about
1) what is in cTAKES 3.2 out of the box, but most importantly 2) how you
can build your own dictionaries. The section "Building Your Own
Dictionaries" will provide you with some initial guidance on how to do
this.
It should be noted that resources for doing this are pretty scattered. You
kind of need to piece stuff together as you go. The process will of course
be specific to your use of the Medlineplus Ontology as well.
I would also state that you will probably need to write some code to
achieve dictionary generation for use within cTAKES.
hth
Lewis

[0] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.2
[1]