ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Meaning of "CONTAINS" TLink.. Is it equivalent to Overlap ?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2015 08:53:32 GMT
Hi All,

I am a newbee in ctakes so please pardon my ignorance.
I am trying to extract temporal relation between Events-Events and Events-Time. For this I
am using cTakes Temporal module via api's.  Once I get the temporal relation, I would like
to put them in sequence order to understand patients medical history.

Now issue is for most of the relationship(Tlink) between Evenet-Event and Event-Time, I receive
a category  "Contains". In most of the ctakes related papers, I read that TLInk belongs to
"Before, Aftre,Overlap" so what does this "contains" means and how I can utilize this to build
user's sequential timeline

Eg:
The MRI scan on admission revealed an impending cord compression at the level of T10.

################ EventEventRelation Annotation Output ###############
EVENT(DocTime) | Relationship Category | Event(Doctime)
scan ( BEFORE )  | CONTAINS 		  | revealed ( BEFORE )
scan ( BEFORE )  | CONTAINS 		  | compression ( BEFORE )

Please suggest.

Thanks &Regards
Stuti Awasthi

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted,
corrupted,
lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e
mail and its contents
or HCL or its affiliates.
Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may
not necessarily reflect the
views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying,
disclosure, modification,
distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized
representative of
HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately.