ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Headley <jeffun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running cTAKES through Java
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 13:56:49 GMT
I can tell you what I am trying to do, but that is only with limited success. I am very new
to cTAKES. I just put together a simple Spring Boot app and defined the ctakes dependencies
in the pom.xml.  Then I pass in a filename on the command line to the app and open it and
pass the text on to cTAKES. I’m doing something wrong somewhere though because it takes
14 minutes to process the tiny 1-line text file (sits on one of the UMLS annotators for a
long time as I recall) whereas I can put the same text in the CVD and get results back immediately.

> On Jun 25, 2015, at 6:19 AM, Sai Anuroop <sai.anuroop@abzooba.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>  @Lance,Jeff:Thanks a lot for your posts.Basically I want to run cTAKES in background
by choosing File Collection Reader,AE and CAS Consumer using java code and produce XML output.Presently
I have installed the developer version of cTAKES,So can you please tell me where to write
above java code and how to run it.