ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Headley <jeffun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Running cTAKES through Java
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2015 14:18:03 GMT
Thanks Bruce, that’s probably my problem. I’m referencing the cTAKES dependencies in my
pom and spring boot makes 1 big fat jar file. Is there some setting I can override somewhere
on cTAKES to tell it to go look in an external folder for the dictionary? I tried not bundling
cTAKES and attempting to reference my cTAKES installation but I kept getting error messages
from other cTAKES components about “URI is not hierarchical”.

> On Jun 25, 2015, at 10:10 AM, Bruce Tietjen <bruce.tietjen@perfectsearchcorp.com>
wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> If your process is working except that it takes 14 minutes, then I suggest that you check
to see if cTakes is reading the lookup dictionary files  from .jar files.

> cTakes can run with the dictionary resources in .jar files, but it will be very slow.
>

>  <http://imatsolutions.com/> Bruce Tietjen
> Senior Software Engineer
>  801.634.1547
> bruce.tietjen@imatsolutions.com <mailto:bruce.tietjen@imatsolutions.com>
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 7:56 AM, Jeff Headley <jeffunf96@gmail.com <mailto:jeffunf96@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> I can tell you what I am trying to do, but that is only with limited success. I am very
new to cTAKES. I just put together a simple Spring Boot app and defined the ctakes dependencies
in the pom.xml.  Then I pass in a filename on the command line to the app and open it and
pass the text on to cTAKES. I’m doing something wrong somewhere though because it takes
14 minutes to process the tiny 1-line text file (sits on one of the UMLS annotators for a
long time as I recall) whereas I can put the same text in the CVD and get results back immediately.

>> On Jun 25, 2015, at 6:19 AM, Sai Anuroop <sai.anuroop@abzooba.com <mailto:sai.anuroop@abzooba.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi All,
>>  @Lance,Jeff:Thanks a lot for your posts.Basically I want to run cTAKES in background
by choosing File Collection Reader,AE and CAS Consumer using java code and produce XML output.Presently
I have installed the developer version of cTAKES,So can you please tell me where to write
above java code and how to run it.