ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Savova, Guergana" <Guergana.Sav...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Value extraction of text-note of cancer-patient
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 13:10:28 GMT
I think I replied to your email before.

Currently, cTAKES discovers Diseases/Disorder, Signs/Symptoms, Procedures, Anatomical sites
and Medications. Semantic typing is based on the UMLS. No cancer specific attributes yet (PSA,
TNM staging, etc.). A group of us is working on it though but it will be some time before
we release code.

You can write your own annotator on top of cTAKES to discover PSA, TNM, etc.

Hope this helps.
--Guergana

From: Sangram Patil [mailto:sangramp@figmd.com]
Sent: Monday, May 25, 2015 1:12 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Value extraction of text-note of cancer-patient

Yes. Still if you know something and would like to point me somewhere, I would be very thankful.

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 7:15 AM, John Green <hephaestus.studio@gmail.com<mailto:hephaestus.studio@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Have you read the documentation?

Jg

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 8:55 AM, Sangram Patil <sangramp@figmd.com<mailto:sangramp@figmd.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

I am pretty new to cTakes. I have a requirement and would like to extract values from text-note
of patients suffering from cancer. The values such PSA, Gleason TNM staging mentioned in the
text-note need to be extracted.
[https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif]
Can anybody help me to use cTakes to solve my problem.

--
Sincerely,
Sangram Patil

--