ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Marie Risov <marie_ri...@yahoo.com>
Subject Testing YTEX with UMLS service
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 15:11:18 GMT
Hi,
I am currently testing cTAKES functionality on medical texts, and specifically concentrating
on the YTEX component that claims to provide disambiguation features.  The user guide states
that downloading UMLS dictionary into a local database is recommended.  The further explanations
assume that the database is local, and YTEX DictionaryLookupAnnotator used instead of cTAKES
DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS performs lookups to the local database.
Can anyone please clarify 1. What is the advantage of the local lookups besides performance
(I am only doing functional testing at a very low volume of data at this point)2. Is there
a way to use YTEX disambiguation SenseDisambiguatorAnnotator while keeping DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS
that does a lookup through UMLS subscription?
I am running cTAKES from Eclipse, so altering pipelines is not an issue for me.
Many thanks,~Marie