ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Abhishek Srivastava" <abhis...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Getting Started with CTAKES
Date Wed, 08 Apr 2015 00:03:08 GMT
Thanks for the thread. I would love to meet up with CTAKES people.

Please let me know how can we coordinate this. Please reach out to me my email Id is abhishes
-at-  gmail -dot- com

Does CTAKES have a session at apache con?

From: Pei Chen [mailto:chenpei@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, April 6, 2015 10:07 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Getting Started with CTAKES

I believe Tim started a thread on how to programmatically extract the entitis/cui's currently
via this thread:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-dev/201503.mbox/%3cE084D8EFE2B03A408B324458C5212E9434C10F56@CHEXMBX3A.CHBOSTON.ORG%3e

A couple of us are going to be in Austin,TX for Apache Con so if you happen to be there, we
can plan to meet up.

--Pei

On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 2:51 AM, Abhishek Srivastava <abhishes@gmail.com <mailto:abhishes@gmail.com>
> wrote:

I have already searched the archive of this mailing list however if this question is duplicate
then please don't flame me.

I have some experience with NLTK in Python. I have gone through some of the basic literature
on natural language processing.

Using NLTK I can perform entity extraction pretty easily.

My questions are

1. is there a tutorial available on CTAKES from a development perspective. I need to use the
API to perform entity extraction. (i need exact APIs).

2. How can someone build a custom corpus with CTAKES. I know it works in medical context but
my use case is even narrower (like text related to gynecology)

Also, lastly, is there anyone on this mailing list in Dallas region I would love to meet you
in person.

Regards,

Abhishek.