ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Bala Krishnan <balkiprasanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Snomed-ct tagging in cTakes
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2015 15:59:22 GMT
Hi,

I have certain clarifications. Is it possible to integrate controlled
vocabulary for Snomed-CT inside the cTakes version ? I want to replace the
entire UMLS dictionary alone with Snomed CT and classify entities. There
are lot of root level operations which are quite bit difficult to handle in
cTakes. This is important when the classification of disease is more
specific like origin of the disease, location, subtypes. Snomed-ct gives
very good hierarchy of representation of concepts for this type of
problems. So any valuable suggestions would be helpful.

Regards,
Prasanna