ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Varun Joshi <vjoshi...@gmail.com>
Subject cTAKES integration with LOINC
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 09:00:06 GMT
Hi,

I am working on integrating the LOINC dictionary (stored on my machine in
MySQL database) with cTAKES to identify laboratory tests in text input.

I followed the procedure given in the following link:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ctakes-dev/201309.mbox/%3C924DE05C19409B438EB81DE683A942D9105B4EA0%40CHEXMBX1A.CHBOSTON.ORG%3E

This thread talks about integrating ICD9CM with cTAKES. I have followed the
exact same procedure by replacing ICD9CM with LOINC codes.

I have also modified the file "DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB.xml" to give
details and access credentials of the database where the LOINC dictionary
is stored.

Further, I have modified the file "AggregateAE.xml" to refer to
"DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB.xml".

When I run cTAKES with these modifications I see absolutely no change in
the annotations that I get for text inputs. For example, when I enter *complete
blood count *cTAKES does not identify it as lab test. However, cTAKES
identifies *aspirin* as a drug and provides its RxNorm code as the output.
I want to be able to identify lab tests and get their LOINC codes in the
output.

Please guide me on what I am doing wrong.

Thanks and Regards,

Varun Joshi