ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: process only IMPRESSION section of a note
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 17:29:50 GMT
Vlad,
cTAKES has a sectionizer component.
Depending on your use case, one may consider something like:
1) If you wish to have cTAKES to completely ignore all sections except
IMPRESSION, it can be done as a preprocessing step.  (either removed
beforehand, or modify all of the annotators to support only process
certain sections.  (not all components support this by config by
default though).
2) Each IdentifiedAnnotation has a Section attribute associated with
it (I think it's .getSection() IIRC).  So you can also do it as a post
filtering.
Pros and Con's to both.