ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Pei Chen <chen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:20:21 GMT
This sounds very cool... perhaps we can setup a meetup or something
informal for those here in the Boston area.

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi ctakes!
>
> As a bioinformatician and Hadoop ecosystem engineer, I Was really impressed with this
project when I stumbled upon it recently, especially the potential for streamlining several
tricky areas medical informatics and correlation analysis from abstracts, drugs, and patient
records.

> Was curious if any ctakes folks in the boston area would be interested In a code walk
through or presentation,... I'd like to contribute if possible, and possibly see how we could
use ctakes alongside bigtop for a demo of a medical informatics app.

> I'm an apache bigtop commiter and a bioinformatics phd, so would love to contribute to
bridging  the gap between Hadoop and the biomedical world if possible.