ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Bala Krishnan <balkiprasanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject UMLS CUI mapping problem
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 04:20:06 GMT
Hi,

I have certain clarifications on classification of entities and UMLS CUI
mapping using cTakes. I tested with a clinical document that contains
different lab experiments. The entity types were classified properly but
the UMLS CUI is not mapping properly. For eg: The lab test "Hemoglobin A1c"
is correctly classified as procedure. But the UMLS code is mapped to
C0202054. When I check it in UMLS Metathesaurus browser, it returned
different concept "Glucohemoglobin measurement" mapped to the CUI code. I
am using umls 2011 ab dictionary. Can anyone suggest me how to improve the
accuracy for UMLS cui mapping ?

Regards,
Prasanna