ctakes-user mailing list archives

From EM Gladiators <emgladiat...@gmail.com>
Subject ctakes not capturing all meds/rxnorm IDs
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2014 21:53:21 GMT
I have recently installed ctakes.  I am using the
AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.  When running the CVD, it is not
accurately annotating all medication names.  Specific medication names that
it annotates correctly are metformin and nifedipine.  Specific medications
it fails to annotate are aspirin and simvastatin.  It is unclear why some
names would be annotated correctly and some not, even though all medication
names are found in rxnorm.  I am afraid that it is not correctly using the
rxnorm files.  Is there a way to check to see if the full rxnorm is being
searched?

I have not had a problem with snomed CT terms, ctakes does appear to be
capturing these correctly.

Thank you,

James Foster

My setup is as follows...

Mac OS 10.9.4
Java version 1.8.0_20
ctakes version 3.2.0 with optional resources package