ctakes-user mailing list archives

From EM Gladiators <emgladiat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ctakes not capturing all meds/rxnorm IDs
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 15:07:07 GMT
Very good, this seems to have solved my current issue.  With your suggested
change, it is now picking up all my medication names that I have tried so
far.  Snomed terms are also being captured correctly.  In my
LookupDesc_Db.xml I have 2 lookup consumer tags.  What is the difference
between these 2 sections (see below)?  I had to play around with various
options, but using the NamedEntityLookupConsumerImpl for only the fist
lookupConsumer tag works for me.  The pasted text is a snapshot of my
current LookupDesc_Db.xml

Sample text is here..
This is a 55 year old man who presents to the emergency department with
chest pain.  The pain is left sided and radiates to the back.  He describes
it as a pressure.  It started 1 hour prior to arrival.  The patient was
given aspirin by EMS and sublingual nitroglycerin.  At home the patient
takes simvastatin, colace and metformin for his type II diabetes.  He says
his blood sugar has been controlled.  He denies a history of coronary
artery disease and has never had a stress test or cardiac cath.

Im my current setup, it is detecting all medications mentioned in this
sample text.

<lookupConsumer
className="org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.NamedEntityLookupConsumerImpl">
<properties>
<property key="codingScheme" value="SNOMED"/>
<property key="cuiMetaField" value="cui"/>
<property key="tuiMetaField" value="tui"/>
<property key="anatomicalSiteTuis"
value="T021,T022,T023,T024,T025,T026,T029,T030"/>
<property key="procedureTuis" value="T059,T060,T061"/>
<property key="disorderTuis"
value="T019,T020,T037,T046,T047,T048,T049,T050,T190,T191"/>
<property key="findingTuis"
value="T033,T034,T040,T041,T042,T043,T044,T045,T046,T056,T057,T184"/>
<property key="dbConnExtResrcKey" value="DbConnection"/>
<property key="mapPrepStmt" value="select code from umls_snomed_map where
cui=?"/>
</properties>
</lookupConsumer>
</lookupBinding>
 <lookupBinding>
<dictionaryRef idRef="DICT_RXNORM"/>
<lookupInitializer
className="org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.FirstTokenPermLookupInitializerImpl">
<properties>
<property key="textMetaFields" value="text"/>
<property key="maxPermutationLevel" value="7"/>
<!-- <property key="windowAnnotations"
value="org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Sentence"/> -->
<property key="windowAnnotations"
value="org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.LookupWindowAnnotation"/>

<property key="exclusionTags"
value="VB,VBD,VBG,VBN,VBP,VBZ,CC,CD,DT,EX,IN,LS,MD,PDT,POS,PP,PP$,RP,TO,WDT,WP,WPS,WRB"/>
</properties>
</lookupInitializer>
      <lookupConsumer
className="org.apache.ctakes.dictionary.lookup.ae.UmlsToSnomedDbConsumerImpl">
<properties>
          <property key="codingScheme" value="RXNORM"/>
          <property key="cuiMetaField" value="cui"/>
          <property key="tuiMetaField" value="tui"/>
          <property key="medicationTuis"
value="T073,T103,T109,T110,T111,T115,T121,T122,T123,T130,T168,T192,T195,T197,T200,T203"/>
          <property key="dbConnExtResrcKey" value="OrangeBookIndexReader"/>
          <property key="mapPrepStmt" value="select CODERXNORM from
ORANGE_BOOK where CODE=?"/>
</properties>
</lookupConsumer>