ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Ctakes intro.. (boston?)
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:09:38 GMT
Hi ctakes!

As a bioinformatician and Hadoop ecosystem engineer, I Was really impressed with this project
when I stumbled upon it recently, especially the potential for streamlining several tricky
areas medical informatics and correlation analysis from abstracts, drugs, and patient records.

Was curious if any ctakes folks in the boston area would be interested In a code walk through
or presentation,... I'd like to contribute if possible, and possibly see how we could use
ctakes alongside bigtop for a demo of a medical informatics app.

I'm an apache bigtop commiter and a bioinformatics phd, so would love to contribute to bridging
 the gap between Hadoop and the biomedical world if possible.