ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Wilson, Brian" <BWil...@tuftsmedicalcenter.org>
Subject Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 21:53:35 GMT
Would be very useful!

On 09/17/2014 05:20 PM, Pei Chen wrote:
> This sounds very cool... perhaps we can setup a meetup or something
> informal for those here in the Boston area.
>
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 5:09 PM, Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apache@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi ctakes!
>>
>> As a bioinformatician and Hadoop ecosystem engineer, I Was really impressed with
this project when I stumbled upon it recently, especially the potential for streamlining several
tricky areas medical informatics and correlation analysis from abstracts, drugs, and patient
records.

>> Was curious if any ctakes folks in the boston area would be interested In a code
walk through or presentation,... I'd like to contribute if possible, and possibly see how
we could use ctakes alongside bigtop for a demo of a medical informatics app.

>> I'm an apache bigtop commiter and a bioinformatics phd, so would love to contribute
to bridging  the gap between Hadoop and the biomedical world if possible.

--
Tufts Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI)
Email: bwilson@tuftsmedicalcenter.org

Fax: 1-617-636-7757

http://www.tuftsctsi.org/
http://www.twitter.com/tuftsctsi
http://www.facebook.com/tuftsctsi

http://www.linkedin.com/company/tufts-clinical-and-translational-science-institute-ctsi-

Cite the NIH CTSA grant any time you use Tufts CTSI resources, services, and facilities: UL1
TR001064
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If
you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information,
please contact the Tufts Medical Center HIPAA Hotline at (617) 636-4422. If the e-mail was
sent to you in error but does not contain patient information, please contact the sender and
properly dispose of the e-mail.