ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "John Green" <hephaestus.stu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ctakes intro.. (boston?)
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 11:47:16 GMT
Great idea—
Sent from Mailbox

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Jay Vyas <jayunit100.apache@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi ctakes!
> As a bioinformatician and Hadoop ecosystem engineer, I Was really impressed with this
project when I stumbled upon it recently, especially the potential for streamlining several
tricky areas medical informatics and correlation analysis from abstracts, drugs, and patient
records.
> Was curious if any ctakes folks in the boston area would be interested In a code walk
through or presentation,... I'd like to contribute if possible, and possibly see how we could
use ctakes alongside bigtop for a demo of a medical informatics app.
> I'm an apache bigtop commiter and a bioinformatics phd, so would love to contribute to
bridging  the gap between Hadoop and the biomedical world if possible.