ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Koola, Jejo David" <jejo.d.ko...@vanderbilt.edu>
Subject Including contraction tokens for concept mapping
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2014 19:00:18 GMT
Hello

I'm using CTAKES 3.2 with yTEX rolled into it. I am running on Windows 7 32 bit with JDK 1.7.

When running the ctakes CPE and specifyihng the included YtexPipeline, I'm confused as to
the point of INCLUDING/EXCLUDING contraction tokens.  Regardless of whether include or exclude
contractions, the phrase "Parkinson's disease" still gets mapped to the concept "Parkinson
Disease."

In the same vein I'm confused whether INCLUDING/EXCLUDING other tokens makes any difference
in terms of mapping to concepts.

Thanks

Jejo Koola