ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: cTAkes and UMLS license clarification
Date Sun, 31 Aug 2014 00:48:26 GMT
If you decide to bundle umls, I would suggest verifying with the umls team - they do provide
a rest service to validate users license.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 30, 2014, at 8:54 AM, "Bala Krishnan" <balkiprasanna1984@gmail.com<mailto:balkiprasanna1984@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your response. We want to bundle cTakes with UMLS resources and make it available
for commercial packages. But in UMLS license agreement, they have clearly mentioned it is
available for non-commercial purpose and available for individuals. Should I have to pay the
cost for using UMLS for commercial purpose ?

Regards,
Prasanna

On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM, Chen, Pei <Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu<mailto:Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu>>