ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Prasanna Bala <balkiprasanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject cTakes Scalability Problem
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 05:54:01 GMT
Hi,

I have certain clarifications. This is regarding using third party
libraries with cTakes. I have clarifications on run time for processing
documents using cTakes. We are able to run the cTakes through batch mode.
But we have plans to run documents for 1 million clinical documents. Can
anyone tell me if they have tackled scalability using cTakes ? I have an
idea to distribute the process using Hadoop. There are various libraries
available that can use UIMA and distribute the process using Hadoop. Since
cTakes is also developed using UIMA, I think there should be a way to
distribute process. Have anyone tried this ? Are there any limitations in
distributing problems using cTakes ? Your thoughts please ?

Regards,
Prasanna