ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Natalia Connolly <natalia.v.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Input file format for CPE?
Date Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:29:58 GMT
Hello,

   I am new to cTAKES.  I am using cTAKES 3.1.  I've been able to run the
visual debugger without any trouble but now I am stuck on running the CPE
version, which is what I will really need as I have a large number of
clinical documents to process.

    I loaded test1.xml as the descriptor, and made sure both the input and
the output directories exist.  My single input file in the input directory
is just plain text, similar to the "Dr. Nutritious" example.   However, I
am getting the following error:

org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException
CausedBy: org,xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 2;
Content is now allowed in Prolog.

   Does this mean that the input file has to be in xml format?  If so, how
do I convert plain text into the format that cTAKES expects?

   Thank you.

   Natalia Connolly