ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, Richard A. [USA]" <lee_rich...@bah.com>
Subject RE: [External] Re: Cannot load AggregatePlainTextUmlsProcessor.xml
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 13:46:59 GMT
Yes, that exactly the problem I’ve been reporting. I think you’ll see that it you still
get the non-Medical annotations, like Date, RomanNumeral, et al, but not DiseaseDisorderMention
and the other Medical ones, right?

I’m still hoping someone can assist with this.

From: Abhishek Raj [mailto:abhishekrm@iitrpr.ac.in]
Sent: Wed, 18 Jun, 2014 04:43
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: [External] Re: Cannot load AggregatePlainTextUmlsProcessor.xml

Found a fix. Will post it here in case it helps someone. When using ctakes-3.1.2, load the
AggregatePlainTextUmlsProcessor.xml from "CTAKES_HOME/desc/ytex-uima/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml"
and not from the usual "CTAKES_HOME/desc/ctakes-clinical-pipeline/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml"
as given here<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/User%27s+Guide>.

However strangely, "ytex-uima/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml" produced
even less annotations than "ctakes-clinical-pipeline/desc/analysis_engine/AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml".
I expected ytex-specific AE to produce better results. But clearly that's not the case.

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 2:51 AM, Abhishek Raj <abhishekrm@iitrpr.ac.in<mailto:abhishekrm@iitrpr.ac.in>>