ctakes-user mailing list archives

From vijay garla <vnga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regarding using cTakes production environment..
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2014 19:13:41 GMT
ytex has a web client for the semantic similarity service, but not for
running ctakes pipelines.

I believe that the only issue with running ctakes (or any UIMA pipeline) in
a web server is thread safety - not all AnnotationEngines are thread safe
(in fact I don't know which ones are or aren't).  What is *not* thread safe
is LVG, which is not needed for many use cases.

What really needs to be thread safe are all the models - they take up a lot
of memory and instantiating one per thread would be very costly.

Best,

VJ