ctakes-user mailing list archives

From vijay garla <vnga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: API for running ctakes programatically
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:16:41 GMT
To Annotate:
If you have a CPE, and all the components in your pipeline are threadsafe
(i.e. drop LVG from your pipeline), you can increase the threads in the cpe
config
You can use this class: org.apache.ctakes.ytex.tools.RunCPE to run a cpe
from the command line/script

Alternatively, run multiple CPE's in parallel (they need to be processing
different subsets of the corpus)

To extract annotations:
Add the YTEX DBConsumer to store the annotations in a database (see
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.1.2+-+YTEX+DBConsumer
)
Make sure you configure 'types to ignore' - you don't want to store
annotations for punctuation.

You can add the DBConsumer to any pipeline/CPE - you don't need any other
YTEX components (however, you do have to set up a database).