ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Regarding using cTakes production environment..
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2014 18:39:37 GMT
Prasanna,
If you were just looking to ‘package’ up your binaries, you may want to take a look at
the ctakes-distribution [1] module.
Essentially, if you do a mvn package, it will compile all of your modules and package them
up nicely into a single zip.

I am not completely sure of the architecture when you mean “by calling this from a different
web application which is written in a different language.”  But I presume you would need
to wrap cTAKES inside a service call of some sort.  I *think* ytex has a web client [2], or
you can also take a look at the simple web app (war) [3] in sandbox.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-distribution/
[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/trunk/ctakes-ytex-web/
[3] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/ctakes-web-client/

From: Prasanna Bala [mailto:balkiprasanna1984@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2014 6:27 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Regarding using cTakes production environment..

Hi,

I have used cTakes developer version from eclipse. I have done some modifications to the code.
I want to now compile them into single jar file and using them for production version. I am
using maven for bundling them into single jar and then use them. Can anyone tell me if they
have done this ? Are can you suggest some ideas for using cTakes in a production environment.
I want to call this from different web application which is written different language.

Regards,
Prasanna