ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, Richard A. [USA]" <lee_rich...@bah.com>
Subject RE: Re: ctakes 3.1.2 produces no medical annotations for me
Date Sat, 24 May 2014 00:37:30 GMT
Vijay, thanks.
I get a run-time exception when trying to use the stock AE in 3.1.2. (In fact, it was the
same one I’d reported to you (and reported here on Mon) before you advised me I’d failed
to unzip a collection of jar files into lib.) As noted, the log file ends with no signs of
distress, but does report “DEBUG [DataBinder] DataBinder requires binding of required fields
[]” several times earlier.
I went through the MetamorphoSys DB-setup process two months ago, so I cannot remember for
sure whether I included SNOMED-CT or not. I don’t see “SNOMED-CT” per se in mmsys.log;
is there something else I should look for there, or an easy check in the DB itself?

From: vijay garla [mailto:vngarla@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri, 23 May, 2014 20:08
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: [External] Re: ctakes 3.1.2 produces no medical annotations for me

Hi Richard,

Did you add SNOMED-CT when creating your UMLS Subset?  The dictionary that YTEX ships with
has ~1.5 million entries.  If that doesn't work, you can also try running the stock cTAKES
AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor to see if that creates different annotations.

HTH,

-vj

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 4:58 PM, Lee, Richard A. [USA] <lee_richard@bah.com<mailto:lee_richard@bah.com>>