ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Error while processing few Medical records using CPE
Date Tue, 13 May 2014 18:45:59 GMT
RP,
From the exception, could you check to see if there were some special/non xml chars in the
source documents?
I assume you were using the default XML/XMI Writer to write the output as XML…

1) Can change the specials chars.  This of course would depend on your application needs.
2) Save the output in some char sequence or other alternative serialization method.

There might be some useful utils from the UIMA package itself:
org.apache.uima.internal.util.XMLUtils

From: Ramprasad Reddy [mailto:ramprasadreddy.a@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 11:55 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Error while processing few Medical records using CPE

Hi,
I have been trying to run CPE using AggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor.xml engine against few
medical records. I am getting the following error
"org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException
 CausedBy: org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceProcessException
 CausedBy: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; Trying to serialize non-XML 1.0
character: ,0xb"

I am running the engine using the default settings only. Few medical records are able to run
successfully, but after it is stopping giving the above error.
Has anyone also faced this issue and identified a solution?
Thank you,
Ramprasad(RP).