ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Savova, Guergana" <Guergana.Sav...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Drugs being filtered out..
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2014 20:40:24 GMT
A further clarification - cTAKES currently implements 5 of the UMLS semantic groups (semantic
group consists of semantic types). If you'd like to use all 133 UMLS semantic types, you'd
need to extend cTAKES code to accommodate them.

Hope this helps.
--Guergana

-----Original Message-----
From: britt fitch [mailto:britt.fitch@wiredinformatics.com]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2014 8:37 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Drugs being filtered out..

Hi Prasanna,

The value of that property needs to be a comma separated list of TUIs.
Also from a quick look in UmlsToSnomedConsumerImpl which I think is the parent class of what
is being used in that xml file the key it is expecting is 'medicationTuis' rather than 'drugTuis'.

Hope that helps,

Britt

On Apr 21, 2014, at 7:11 AM, Prasanna Bala <balkiprasanna1984@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to run and tag the entities for all the semantic types in the cTakes. I read the
tutorial and found that we can include our semantic types in the LookupDesc_Db.xml. I added
my own property in the configuration file

> <property key="drugTuis" value="">.
>
> Then I run the AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml. But I was not able to detect the
drug entities. I am also getting the chemicals getting filtered out by OrangeBookFilterConsumerImpl.
However, I commented out the the in the xml file. Can someone tell me what should I specifically
do to add drug entities. I also want to use all the 133 TUIs of UMLS for a use case.