ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Miller, Timothy" <Timothy.Mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: ICD9 code resolving..
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 10:32:34 GMT
Prasanna,
I'm not aware of ICD9 codes being used within cTAKES. Is there a specific piece of code you're
referencing when you say:
"I found that ICD9 code is used internally by the cTakes for finding the entities."

Tim

________________________________
From: Prasanna Bala [balkiprasanna1984@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2014 2:15 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: ICD9 code resolving..

Hi,

I have some clarifications regarding ICD9 code. I found that cTakes uses different mapping
technique to resolve the entities from the diagnosis. I want to know how they are doing this
for ICD9. When I run the code, in the output it is showing the various tagged entities with
SNOMED CT code. But my question, why I am not able to access the ICD9 code. I found that ICD9
code is used internally by the cTakes for finding the entities. How can I find the IC9 code
for the entities ? Can you please tell me if there is any module which is using ICD9 code
in the cTakes. I need to pipeline the ICD9 code also separately.

Regards,
Prasanna