ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Prasanna Bala <balkiprasanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ICD9 code resolving..
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2014 00:40:38 GMT
Hi,

I was reading a mail from the cTakes user group the other day where it was
mentioned that cTakes uses ICD9 code internally. But then write the output
for SNOMED CT code. I have certain entities for which I need to find out
ICD9/10 codes. For eg: Consider the disease "DIABETES MELLITUS". There are
so many ICD codes present for this illness. I need to narrow down to fewer
ICD codes. Is it possible to automate this type of problem using cTakes. I
also found that SNOMED CT code can be mapped to ICD codes. How reliable is
this ? Also I have implemented another version of lookup table for matching
UMLS semantic types using trie structure. I found this to be pretty fast
although I implemented in python. I would like to contribute this to cTakes
because this can improve the efficiency of the lookup process too. Please
let me know your thoughts. Thanks for response.

Regards,
Prasanna