ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Prasanna Bala <balkiprasanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Hi..
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 04:29:47 GMT
Hi,

I have some clarifications. I am able to run the tagger using UMLS for
identifying disease, drugs, signs/symptoms. I am afraid that I am not able
to tag lot of good information. For eg: Let me explain with an example. I
tried documents that contains clinical test with lot of medical entities in
it. But I am not able to identify the entities such as  IMMUNOGLOBULIN,
TRANSGLUTAMINASE which should be tagged as protein or atleast chemical
class. I tried the same document for other biomedical text mining libraries
such as ABNER. I am able to tag them as protein. Am I missing something
here ? Can you please suggest some modules for finding genes, proteins,
orgranism. What are the limitation of cTakes. Looking forward for someone
to clarify this.

Regards,
Prasanna.