ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: UMLS Terminology Authorization
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2014 18:08:22 GMT
Prasanna,
Could you have the full stack trace?

1) You'll need to download the umls resources [1]
Resources are required to run most of cTAKES. They are available for download from SourceForge: ctakes-resources-3.1.0.zip
[2].
Please download, unzip and add/merge the contents to the existing resources directory. Follow
the User or Developer Install Guide to direct you through the installation process.
2) Pass in your umls login info

[1] http://ctakes.apache.org/downloads.cgi
[2] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ctakesresources/files/ctakes-resources-3.1.0.zip/download

From: Prasanna Bala [mailto:balkiprasanna1984@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2014 9:42 AM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: UMLS Terminology Authorization

Hi,
I am a new user to this cTakes user group. I am new to using cTakes and lso UIMA. I want to
use cTakes to identify semantics in the medical record. I have certain clarifications. I am
able to load the AggregatePlaintextProcessor.xml and find semantic categories for disease,
symptoms, drugs. I also want to use AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml for finding the entities.
But when I load the xml file I get this following exception:
org.apache.uima.resource.ResourceInitializationException
I also found that for using UMLS Terminology I need to register and get authentication for
using the services. I want to know if the error is caused by this. Did I miss something here
? Also I am very much interested in contributing for documentation for cTakes. Can I please
get some help on this.
Regards,
Prasanna.