ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Lee, Richard A. [USA]" <lee_rich...@bah.com>
Subject run-time error in processing LookupDesc_Db.xml
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 22:01:34 GMT
I received advice on this list from James Masanz to add a couple things to AggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor.xml,
in order to add a CSV dictionary lookup to my cTAKES processing. I chose to instead make a
copy of AggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor.xml with the additions, and pointed Run > Load
AE at that new file. This resulted in a quite uninformative run-time error which I reported
but no-one has offered any suggestions on.

I’ve now set up Eclipse with all the needed plugins and cTAKES files – a challenge in
itself – in order to try to isolate the problem somewhat. The error seems to occur in the
2nd invocation of DictionaryLookupAnnotator.configInit(), with the complaint while processing
…\workspace\ctakes\ctakes-dictionary-lookup-res\target\classes\org\apache\ctakes\dictionary\lookup\LookupDesc_Db.xml
that it is “Unable to find external resource with key:DbConnection”.

Digging a bit further, it looks like the 1st time it constructs a QualifiedName it constructs
 “/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB/DbConnection” which it is able to find, but the 2nd time
it constructs “/DictionaryLookupAnnotator/DbConnection” which it is not. This second time
is due to the recommended addition of
    <delegateAnalysisEngine key="DictionaryLookupAnnotator">
      <import location="../../../ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorCSV.xml"/>
    </delegateAnalysisEngine>

in the AE file.

Please advise.