ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: run-time error in processing LookupDesc_Db.xml
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2014 22:17:12 GMT
Richard,
Would it be possible to attach the customized LookupDesc_Db.xml?
In particular, did you just add your CSV dictionary file (in addition to the existing DbConnection
resources?)  If so, then I believe you’ll still need to include them in your descriptor:
Take a look at ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml
as an example.

HTH.
--Pei

From: Lee, Richard A. [USA] [mailto:lee_richard@bah.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 15, 2014 5:02 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: run-time error in processing LookupDesc_Db.xml

I received advice on this list from James Masanz to add a couple things to AggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor.xml,
in order to add a CSV dictionary lookup to my cTAKES processing. I chose to instead make a
copy of AggregatePlainTextUMLSProcessor.xml with the additions, and pointed Run > Load
AE at that new file. This resulted in a quite uninformative run-time error which I reported
but no-one has offered any suggestions on.

I’ve now set up Eclipse with all the needed plugins and cTAKES files – a challenge in
itself – in order to try to isolate the problem somewhat. The error seems to occur in the
2nd invocation of DictionaryLookupAnnotator.configInit(), with the complaint while processing
…\workspace\ctakes\ctakes-dictionary-lookup-res\target\classes\org\apache\ctakes\dictionary\lookup\LookupDesc_Db.xml
that it is “Unable to find external resource with key:DbConnection”.

Digging a bit further, it looks like the 1st time it constructs a QualifiedName it constructs
 “/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorDB/DbConnection” which it is able to find, but the 2nd time
it constructs “/DictionaryLookupAnnotator/DbConnection” which it is not. This second time
is due to the recommended addition of
    <delegateAnalysisEngine key="DictionaryLookupAnnotator">
      <import location="../../../ctakes-dictionary-lookup/desc/analysis_engine/DictionaryLookupAnnotatorCSV.xml"/>
    </delegateAnalysisEngine>

in the AE file.

Please advise.