ctakes-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Help running AggregatePlaintextProcessor
Date Sun, 22 Dec 2013 23:26:21 GMT

Josh,

 ULMS also uses a lot of memory  especially since it contains the full vocabulary for annotating
in terms of recognizing diseases, anatomy, meds, etc.   Though, to get the plaintext processor
(without ULMS) still requires a lot of memory because of all the components it calls just
like the aggregate processor using ULMS.

I'm using Eclipse but do try what the other folks recommended but if for whatever reason nothing
works use this as a last resort.  Gamers do this to increase their memory for JRE.   Create
an environmental variable(1st line below)   with value(2nd line below) :

_JAVA_OPTIONS

-Xms500m -Xmx4000m

Regards,
Paula

From: joshuaweiner2@gmail.com
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 06:44:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Help running AggregatePlaintextProcessor
To: user@ctakes.apache.org

Hi Paula,
Thank you SO much for your response. I have been literally trying to fix this for 5+ hours.
I don't have permissions to use the ULMS version yet so I am trying to make this work. Unfortunately
I am not using eclipse so his method for increasing does not make sense. Can you expand? Were
you in eclipse? Previously, i googled how to increase Heapsize, and changed settings in my
java application. If I go to configure Java Control Panel I added the following runtime parameter:

-Xmx2048m for both user and system... to no avail.

I sincerely appreciate your help. Are you telling me that when I get the ULMS version it won't
use as much memory?

THanks,
Josh