ctakes-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: cTakes: question on updating cue words
Date Thu, 19 Dec 2013 20:39:06 GMT
Hi Pei,

Sorry for the delay...been swamped.  I like the pillars of the Apache way, especially meritocracy.
"We call this basic principle "meritocracy": literally, government by merit."  Sounds like
something right out of Atlas Shrugged, one of my favorite books.     I'll just need to get
up to speed with Jira.   For now, how about you submit the jira to get the merit points as
my little Xmas present to you.  :-)

The cue words:  'lack of' for negation.  I thought that 'predictive of' would be uncertain
 but now that I think about seems more like negation. ..."the patient has a blood sugar level
that is predictive of diabetes."   Patient may or may not have it in this case and high blood
sugar could mean diabetes or other issues, so it's really questionable.   Okay, I waffle on
this one, final answer for 'predictive of' is an uncertain classification.

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula

From: Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu
To: dev@ctakes.apache.org; user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: RE: cTakes: question on updating cue words
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 14:59:00 +0000

Paula,
My intention was not to add on any unnecessary additional administrative.  Feel free to make
any changes to your local copy as you see fit, but I think your
 suggestions such as new cue words are valuable contributions in making cTAKES better even
if it’s just a 1 line code change.

Meritocracy is one of the pillars of the Apache Way [1] and one earns merit by contributing.
 In addition to tracking changes to the software, Jira is also
 a useful tool to ensure that credit is properly attributed rightfully to their contributors.

--Pei
[1]
http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#meritocracy