ctakes-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: cTAKES Sectionizer: how to integrate it with clinical pipeline - Solved (but sporadic issue unresolved for now)
Date Fri, 13 Dec 2013 06:10:12 GMT
Thanks Pei but I'm  going to figure out what's going on with the sectionizer and it's sporadic
NPE because I take my job as the Sectionizer Component Maintainer (I think that's what Tim
referred to it as)  very seriously.  ;-)

In regards to other features,  I'd like to know more about the features: conditional, generic
and confidence.  The only information I could find from the website is this page:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0+-+Assertion

1.  Conditional:
all I know is that this feature is a Boolean with values true or false from the website.
  What would make an annotation get denoted as true or false?

2.  Generic:
from the website the use of a term might be generic (e.g., "gave pt a diabetes brochure").
    I looked up the word 'brochure' in the workspace and nothing returned so I have no idea
where this is stored.   But I see that when I use the same text "gave pt a diabetes brochure"
it returns true for the generic feature.   Can you advise on where the word 'brochure' is
located?  I'd like to see what other terms when used in a certain context will give a true
value for the generic feature.

3. Confidence:
I couldn't find any information on this feature.   Can you explain this one further and how
confidence is determined?  Appears to just be values 0 or 1.    Is it just this file that
pertains to determining confidence?
GoldEntityAndAttributeReader.java

Thanks.

Regards,