ctakes-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: cTAKES Sectionizer: how to integrate it with clinical pipeline
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2013 04:31:04 GMT
Thank you, Pei.   I will test this out tomorrow.

Regards,
Paula

> From: Pei.Chen@childrens.harvard.edu
> To: user@ctakes.apache.org
> Subject: RE: cTAKES Sectionizer:  how to integrate it with clinical pipeline
> Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 20:38:22 +0000
>
> Paula,
> I moved the sectionizer to trunk now and added the xml descriptor for it.
>
> In your Aggregate Descriptor, just add:
>     <delegateAnalysisEngine key="CDASegmentAnnotator">
>       <import location="../../../ctakes-core/desc/analysis_engine/CDASegmentAnnotator.xml"/>
>     </delegateAnalysisEngine>
> .
> <node>CDASegmentAnnotator</node>
>
> If you would like to see it wired together via uimaFIT, check out the test case:
> ctakes-core/src/test/java/org/apache/ctakes/core/ae/TestCDASegmentAnnotator.java
>
> Hope that helps.
> It might be even worthwhile defaulting to this instead of the SimpleSegment (since simple
segment does nothing more than span the entire document...)
> --Pei

I just need to integrate it in the clinical pipeline.

> The sectionizer doesn't have a desc folder with associated XML descriptor and I understand
that things are moving towards UIMAfit so that's probably the reason why it doesn't.  Can
you provide some guidance on what you'd recommend for testing the sectionizer?  That is, should
I just create the XML Descriptor using one of the reference materials from the UIMA website
for creating descriptors or would you recommend  using UIMAfit?  If the latter, can you provide
assistance of how to integrate the sectionizer into the AggregatePlaintext AE using UIMAfit.