ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Medication Mention
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:48:23 GMT
Hi Pan,
Could you attach the pipeline configuration (is it DefaultAggregateUMLSPlaintextprocessor.xml)?
In particular,
Do you have the DrugNER (for the drug signatures) in your pipeline?
    <delegateAnalysisEngine key="DrugMentionAnnotator">
      <import location="../../../ctakes-drug-ner/desc/analysis_engine/DrugMentionAnnotator.xml"/>
    </delegateAnalysisEngine>

        <node>DictionaryLookupAnnotator</node>
        <node>DrugMentionAnnotator</node>
--Pei

From: Pan Teng [mailto:tengpan@udel.edu]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2013 3:43 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Medication Mention

Hi cTAKES community,

I saw in one of the slides from your presentation saying that, query like "The patient took
aspirin 325 mg for knee pain."  will have annotation like <edu.mayo.bmi.uima.core.type.refsem.MedicationStrength
    value number = "325" unit = "mg">
<edu.mayo.bmi.uima.core.type.refsem.MedicationStatusChange
    value="noChange" />

But when I ran this, I only got

medicationStrength = <null>, medicationStatusChange = <null>

Is the annotation for medication working properly?
I'm not sure what's wrong here. Any clues?

Best,
Pan