ctakes-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: cTakes Assertion Component Question
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2013 17:13:43 GMT

HI Matt,

Thanks for the response.    I was writing a response to Pei when your email came in.   Yes,
I see the properties in Event/Entity Mention that you stated:  Polarity, Uncertainty, Conditional,
Generic, and Subject.     However, please see attachment.....the Assertion component gives
the appearance like it should be able to create annotations since it's stated but has [0].
 The Concept component creates annotations, in this case it's listed with [4] pertaining to
my sample text.

Even if the Assertion and Concept annotations are used internally in the assertion system,
The Concept annotations creates new annotations objects with the two features of interest:
 conceptType and conceptText.  I also see that Assertion has these features defined for them
as well (by looking directly in Assertion.java):  assertionType and assertionText.     As
you can see in the screen capture, I get results for Concept for conceptType and conceptText.
  I would like Assertion to follow suit and display annotations as Concept does.      Regards,Paula
 From: mcoarr@mitre.org
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: cTakes Assertion Component Question
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 16:29:03 +0000

Hi Paula,

The Assertion and Concept annotations are used internally in the assertion system.

The assertion component doesn't create any new annotation objects, rather it updates properties
of the IdentifiedAnnotations objects (EventMention and EntityMention annotations).

In particular, you should look at the following properties:

PolarityUncertaintyConditionalGenericSubject
Matt