ctakes-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject cTakes Document Preprocessor Component Error
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2013 19:41:43 GMT

Hello cTakes Community, I'm back after hanging out with the UIMA guys :-) for a while, getting
a better grasp of the UIMA framework that cTakes sits on.    I'm exploring and understanding
cTakes components and starting with the Document Preprocessor:https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CTAKES/cTAKES+3.0+-+Document+Preprocessor
I loaded the testpatient_cn_1.xml file in the CVD cTakes launcher and loaded the AggregateAE
descriptor.   It loaded but when I ran it, I got the following error:     Caused by: org.apache.uima.cas.CASRuntimeException:
JCas type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment" used in Java code,  but was
not declared in the XML type descriptor. I looked in the AggregatorAE descriptor file along
with it's dependency CdaCasInitializer.xml and see both have nothing in the Type System tab
however I do see a handful of types specified on the Capabilities tab including "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment"
So I added Segment type to the Type System tab.  I reran and got this error:
11/14/13 2:23:39 PM - 14: org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.handleException(527): SEVERE:
Feature "id" is not defined for type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment".
org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.AnalysisEngineProcessException: Feature "id" is not defined
for type "org.apache.ctakes.typesystem.type.textspan.Segment".
Is there a file descriptor already setup maybe in another install with the necessary types/features
to run the Document Preprocessor or will I manually have to add all of them?   If not, I'd
like to use UIMAfit to create the types/features to use with the Document Preprocessor as
opposed to manually updating this descriptor with all the types and features needed.   Can
someone advise?   Thanks. Regards,Paula