ctakes-user mailing list archives

From digital paula <cybersat...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Question pertaining to HistoryOf and SegmentID features
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:59:29 GMT
Hi Tim,

I remember you, you helped me out a while back!   I can't tell you how much that BagOfAnnotations.java
file has been  a Godsend!   Thanks again for posting it last month.

As for historyOf feature,   I don't so much mind performance so if you have something that
works for the historyOf with just only a performance issue, I'll still take it. I do appreciate
your prompt response on the historyOf feature which saved me from stepping through the code
which I've done a few times....the time spent  stepping through is equivalent to watching
a feature film and there's a lot going on in the code that I don't understand yet.

As for sementID's with the rule-based sectionizer/segmenter,  I'd like to help out with testing.
    It appears that the first step is manual configuration per your email.   Pei, when you
have a moment I'd like to  start with explanation of how it works then we can move forward
from there.

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 09:24:20 -0500
From: timothy.miller@childrens.harvard.edu
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question pertaining to HistoryOf and SegmentID features

    Hi Paula,

    The historyOf module is currently under development, that explains
    those files you're seeing. As of right now we are not satisfied
    enough with the performance to release it publicly. It is marked 0
    because it is defined as an integer field I believe, so it can't be
    assigned null.

    As for the segment IDs in your other question, the default segmenter
    just makes the whole document one segment because we don't yet have
    a module robust enough to run on notes from any institution. We have
    been hoping to get one developed but nothing has materialized so
    far. There is a rule-based sectionizer/segmenter in the cTAKES
    distribution but it requires some manual configuration and is not
    very widely tested. If you are interested in helping test it out
    that would be great. Pei would be the best person to explain to you
    how it works, we'll see if he's able to chime in.

    (Ah, I just checked and saw he already pointed you to it. If you
    want to try it we can help you get it working.)

    Thanks

    Tim

    On 11/25/2013 11:13 PM, digital paula