ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Dictionary and Assertion rules for the Aggregate Plaintext Processor
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2013 03:50:10 GMT
Hi Paula,

There is a separate DictionaryLookupAnnotatorCSV.xml descriptor for using the delimited file
that you found.
You would have to update the aggregate to refer to DictionaryLookupAnnotatorCSV.xml instead
of DictionaryLookupAnnotator.xml in order to use the delimited files directly.

Or, to create a lucene index to replace the lucene index used by DictionaryLookupAnnotator.xml,
there are some posts on the old forum that talk about creating dictionaries.  You could take
a look at those.

https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/Vocab/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=80&start=20#p1459
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/Vocab/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=423&p=1465

I think a better alternative would be update the SQL dictionaries - delete all the data and
replace with what you want. And remove the check for the UMLS user ID.

Hope that helps.

-- James

From: user-return-350-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:user-return-350-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of digital paula
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 8:48 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: RE: Dictionary and Assertion rules for the Aggregate Plaintext Processor

Thanks James for the response.

I'd like to update that tiny dictionary and see the changes take effect.   I looked in the
dictionary-lookup folders and found a dictionary1.csv file with these entires, I  added 'elbow
'to it  (just typed in and saved file).

ankle|ankle
aspirin|aspirin
cm|cm
cm|cm is a synonym of a UMLS term Cutaneous Mastocytosis which is in SNOMED but cm is not
by itself
hyperlipidemia|hyperlipidemia
knee|knee
knee|knee pain
ld|ld
ld|ld SNOMED procedure C0011911
medical|medical nutrition therapy
nutrition|nutrition
nutrition|nutrition therapy
pain|pain
pain|pain, chronic
weight|weight gain
elbow|elbow

 I typed in the following text in CVD using the plaintext processor that uses the DictionaryLookupAnnotator.xml
descriptor.

"patient has knee pain and gained significant weight gain due to injury.  Past history of
elbow pain.  family history includes hyperlipidemia. ."

There was no annotation for 'elbow' or 'weight' after executing the AggregatePlaintext AE
processor.  Does something else have to be done to get it to annotate, basically what are
the steps to add terms to the tiny dictionary?

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula

> From: Masanz.James@mayo.edu<mailto:Masanz.James@mayo.edu>
> To: user@ctakes.apache.org<mailto:user@ctakes.apache.org>
> Subject: RE: Dictionary and Assertion rules for the Aggregate Plaintext Processor
> Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:17:32 +0000
>
> The "pain" and "aspirin" terms are from a tiny dictionary that has just a handful of
terms with made-up codes/CUIs. (For the record, they are in a lucene index instead of an HSQL
database.) I think "knee" is also in that tiny dictionary.

> As far as I know, the assertion component doesn't work any differently whether you use
the UMLS dictionary or the tiny, sample, made-up dictionary.