ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Masanz, James J." <Masanz.Ja...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Dictionary and Assertion rules for the Aggregate Plaintext Processor
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2013 20:17:32 GMT
The "pain" and "aspirin" terms are from a tiny dictionary that has just a handful of terms
with made-up codes/CUIs. (For the record, they are in a lucene index instead of an HSQL database.)
I think "knee" is also in that tiny dictionary.

As far as I know, the assertion component doesn't work any differently whether you use the
UMLS dictionary or the tiny, sample, made-up dictionary.

Which dictionary is used is determined by which Dictionary Lookup analysis engine is included
in the aggregate
DictionaryLookupAnnotator.xml for the tiny one
DictionaryLookupAnnotatorUMLS.xml for the one that has real UMLS terms and CUIs

-- James

From: user-return-348-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org [mailto:user-return-348-Masanz.James=mayo.edu@ctakes.apache.org]
On Behalf Of digital paula
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 1:37 PM
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Subject: RE: Dictionary and Assertion rules for the Aggregate Plaintext Processor

Oh, gosh....I meant 'Hello' again.

From: cybersation@hotmail.com
To: user@ctakes.apache.org
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 14:36:13 -0500
Hell again cTakes Community,

I think this will be an easy question.     Okay I've decided to start simple by first
exploring the Aggregate Plaintext Processor without ULMS.   Since it's not using ULMS,
where  is the dictionary and the assertion rules being defined?  Can these be modified
easily?   For example,  I see that 'pain' and 'aspirin' gets annotated in text or if text
states 'family history'  this will be noted as well.   Can someone enlighten me as to
how cTakes generates this and if it's easily customizable?

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula