ctakes-user mailing list archives

From "Chen, Pei" <Pei.C...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject RE: Question pertaining to HistoryOf and SegmentID features
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:48:39 GMT
>1.)  In the CVD tool, depression is showing a subject of family_member which is correct.
 However hypertension is showing a historyOf: 0.     I'm using the clinical pipeline that
is setup in the AggregateAE by default.    Is there something that I need to add to the Assertion
component to be able to see patient history be denoted correctly?  I would expect to see with
the text "history of depression, for the patient" to show as 'historyOf:1'
I was still using the old StatusAnnotator for history/family history of.  I don't recall where
the new assertion AE is setting the history... perhaps someone else could chime in here.

>2.) In my sample text above I have two segments:  (History: and Current Diagnosis:)
However the SegmentID features always shows:  SIMPLE_SEGMENT.  I would think that it should
have 'segmentID: History'  for the first sample text section and 'segmentID: Current Diagnosis'
for the second text sample.  Is there a way to make this happen?

Check out the HL7/CCDA sectionizer in the sandbox area:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/ctakes-sectionizer/
It's a simple regex based annotator that will identify the different sections and normalize
them to HL7 template id's.  It hasn't gone into mainstream ctakes yet.
Which uses a simple mapping file: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ctakes/sandbox/ctakes-sectionizer/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/core/sections/ccda_sections.txt

Thanks,
Pei

Okay I have two questions this time and both pertain to the HistoryOf and SegmentID features.

Using this sample text:
History:  Patient has a history of hypertension and family history of depression.
Current Diagnosis:  Patient has CAD.

1.)  In the CVD tool, depression is showing a subject of family_member which is correct.
However hypertension is showing a historyOf: 0.     I'm using the clinical pipeline that
is setup in the AggregateAE by default.    Is there something that I need to add to the
Assertion component to be able to see patient history be denoted correctly?  I would expect
to see with the text "history of depression, for the patient" to show as 'historyOf:1'

2.) In my sample text above I have two segments:  (History: and Current Diagnosis:)  However
the SegmentID features always shows:  SIMPLE_SEGMENT.  I would think that it should have
'segmentID: History'  for the first sample text section and 'segmentID: Current Diagnosis'
for the second text sample.  Is there a way to make this happen?

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula