ctakes-user mailing list archives

From Tim Miller <timothy.mil...@childrens.harvard.edu>
Subject Re: Question pertaining to HistoryOf and SegmentID features
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:24:20 GMT
Hi Paula,
The historyOf module is currently under development, that explains those
files you're seeing. As of right now we are not satisfied enough with
the performance to release it publicly. It is marked 0 because it is
defined as an integer field I believe, so it can't be assigned null.

As for the segment IDs in your other question, the default segmenter
just makes the whole document one segment because we don't yet have a
module robust enough to run on notes from any institution. We have been
hoping to get one developed but nothing has materialized so far. There
is a rule-based sectionizer/segmenter in the cTAKES distribution but it
requires some manual configuration and is not very widely tested. If you
are interested in helping test it out that would be great. Pei would be
the best person to explain to you how it works, we'll see if he's able
to chime in.
(Ah, I just checked and saw he already pointed you to it. If you want to
try it we can help you get it working.)

Thanks
Tim